Friday, September 14, 2012

Sometimes you hear something interesting on CNBC

Most of the time, CNBC, in my opinion, is the network for talking heads. I know because I was one of them for short segments.... that is when they needed filler. I have called the network shill central, bubblevision (I would want to thank Bill Fleckenstein's commentary for that one), and other not so flattering names.

Sometimes however, you hear am interview or a sound bite that is actually interesting and makes you think. That was this morning. I know absolutely no details of who was on or the overall topic of discussion, but the voice I heard provided a great thought (and if anyone knows the speaker, a name would be greatly appreciated, as I would love to give a proper citation) "the iPhone 5 would have greater effect on economic growth than QE3". That is such a simple statement, but makes you think on so many levels.

2 comments:

  1. It was Lakshman from ECRI

    Twitter, Bloomberg SURV ‏@bsurveillance, Sep 13, 6:36am

    "More faith in Apple moving the GDP then the Fed moving GDP."--Lakshman Achutham of ECRI http://www.bloomberg.com/tv

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks... I saw the Lakshman comment after I posted the above. I am assuming the commentator I saw was quoting him.

    ReplyDelete