Monday, July 15, 2013

Planet Fitness- Investments, Disciple and Other Thoughts.

I saw the below video over the weekend and wanted to mention two things. One, I am no fitness model by any stretch. That said, I am avid gym goer and take my health/fitness very seriously. That is after being scared by the doctor on my health along with my desire of creating a better role model for my children. On my path from a 250 lb fat sh%$, I have learned discipline, motivation, and perseverance. All the way to running a couple half-marathons while having the ability to lift significant amounts of weight.

The second item, I detest Planet Fitness. Not only because the company creates an imposing environment for supposed lunk heads like myself, but also on the concept the company sells. Planet Fitness is really an anti-gym of sorts. To grow, excel and improve yourself, you need to surround yourself with others better than you, then rise to the occasion in a disciplined manner. But hey, what do I know, the company gets people to 'go to the gym' and is making a lot of money in the process.Just don't go investing in this or any other gym for that matter. The capital costs are likely to eat you alive.




No comments:

Post a Comment