Saturday, December 8, 2012

How to Help Grow your Professional Network

This comes via Lifehacker.com and looks to be some good advice.

Meet people that could help you in 6 months, not that can help you now. As Wayne Gretzky famously said, "skate where the puck's going, not where it's been."

1. Coffee meetings, a lot of them. Can't get away in the morning? Meet them during lunch.
2. Meet different people, not just people in your industry.
3. Respond back to all those emails that are sitting in your inbox. Offer your help.
4. Reconnect with people you haven't met in a while.
5. Be consistent. Do it every single day. It's exhausting, but it's worth every second.

I know this is my network is something I have been ignoring as of late, and I thought this would not only help me but also you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment