Sunday, October 7, 2012

Long-term Value Portfolio update for 10/5/12

My long-term value portfolio ended the week October 5 with a value of 10.49 per share, a gain of 4.9% since the portfolio's inception on July 2. Over the same time period, the S&P 500 has gained 7.2%. The following is graphic representation on the portfolio versus the S&P 500 and the NASDAQ.

graph of fund vs. market indexes
 As I have previously stated, I would expect the performance gap to close over time. In addition, this portfolio follows a low turnover strategy. A number of names have breached my sell discipline or have been formally targeted for acquisition. I intend to replace those companies in short-order.  The best performer within the performer has been Foster Wheeler (ticker FWLT) while the worst has been Rovi Corp (ticker ROVI).

No comments:

Post a Comment