Wednesday, August 27, 2014

A Gain Is a Gain Is A Gain Is A Gain

Well, we saw our sign of a bid right where we should see it if the gold investment complex was to continue its consolidation, which I stated that we see here. That aside, volume levels were weaker than I would have liked, and I cannot discern if this was because the pre-holiday week or if it was operators getting fresh meat into the market. Lets look at the charts....

First the GLD....


... which moved back in to the consolidation trading range.

Then the GDX....


..... bouncing off the floor with some juice and remaining stronger than the metals, a positive signal. This is while RLGD.....


.... also bounced off the floor in to the established trading range, albeit on less.

Look at this way, a gain is a gain is a gain. Prices bouncing off the lows in the precious metal complex suggests to me that remain in consolidation. Another interesting bit of information I thought I would pass on, a dealer stated to me that he was unable to get his hands on any silver. None, nothing and that the Chinese were buying all the physical they could get their hands on. Of course there is no way I can corroborate this information, which may just be dealer shop talk, but this is something to ponder nonetheless.  


No comments:

Post a Comment