Friday, October 4, 2013

Significant Analyst Recommendation Actions- 10/4/13

I am starting a new piece here highlighting what I will call significant analyst recommendation actions. This piece is based on the research I posted previously, which can be found here. Although I am likely to change the format and universe I sort through, all the while tweaking the criteria, I nonetheless wanted to take an initial stab at a compilation of names.

The way I will be defining 'significant analyst recommendation actions' will be two fold. First, positive actions will correspond with either ratings upgrades to buy or better in conjunction with an increase in the target price. Additionally,  positive actions also include names with an increase in the target price that are already highly rated.

Inversely, negative actions correspond with rating downgrades to sell or worse that occurs in conjunction with a reduction in the target price. More so, the negative actions indicator will be tripped when a stock's recommendation is already negative weighted in conjunction with a large reduction in the target.

The universe I am drawing on currently is the S&P 1500. I intend to run this daily, at least for the time being.

Positive rating actions.






Negative rating actions






























No comments:

Post a Comment