Thursday, May 23, 2013

Brief All that Glitters Update- Decidedly More Positive With Gold's Decline

Let me just apologize for getting this out so late. It has been a busy week that was punctuated by me getting sick earlier in the week. Before I updated the precious metal timing models for the current week (the week ended May 24), I wanted to show the models for the most recent updated data.

The timing models turned more positive in the latest updated week with the 1-year model turning in a -2.8 and the 6-month model improving by about 0.30 points to -2.14. This is predicated in the recent decline in the price of gold, which pulled back below the $1,400 price per ounce level in recent trading sessions. Here are the latest updated models.

3-month model, -1.8


6-month model, -2.14


1-year model, -2.8


I would use, and have used the weakness in gold prices and the precious metal stock complex to add to positions.

No comments:

Post a Comment