Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Building a Tesla museum... one can only hope

I love Tesla. In my mind, he is the granddaddy of all modern geeks and tinkerers. This is nothing to say that he- and his inventions- ushered in the modern era of technology. I was reading the Journal today, and to my surprise, the publishers had an article about Tesla, specifically a group trying to raise funds to buy the last standing Tesla lab in existence, which sits in long island New York. Even more surprising, many many others share my love for the long ignored inventor. A nonprofit group started a web campaign to raise $850,000 to help build a planned museum and inventor playground- can you tesla coils for all. If you feel so inclined, go here (http://www.indiegogo.com/teslamuseum) and donate to this worthy cause. Maybe it will help inspire the next Tesla.

No comments:

Post a Comment