Thursday, April 4, 2013

Future Portfolio Updates

After the next portfolio updates (Long and Short Trading, VIX Trading, and Long-Term Value), which I will hopefully update this evening, I will cease providing weekly updates. I just don't think this added any value to myself or readers. Frankly, it just seemed like a chore to update these pieces and has just become, to me, an arduous exercise in throwing numbers around for no apparent reason but to throw numbers around. Besides, this also means less time just waiting for Marketocracy to update or whatever the site does over most weekends.

In the future and outside of any changes to the portfolio's composition, which I will continue to discuss, I intend to move to a monthly update schedule. With the monthly update, I will provide some greater in depth coverage of the performance (or lack there of) along with more portfolio analytics.

Additionally, I have usually been discussing the VIX model with the weekly portfolio updates. I intend to provide the same commentary on any changes in the VIX model on weekly basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment